With more than 150 years of forging and metal working experience, the HBD Precision Components Group specializes in the manufacture of precision closed die, net and near-net forgings and machined components. Brands include California Drop Forge, Inc. (CDF), and Precision Metal Products, Inc. (PMP)
The HBD Precision Components Group has a vast collection of forging equipment that allows us to supply a wide range of products, large or small, that are manufactured to precise specifications and requirements for aerospace, military, and industrial applications. Each brand provides various sizes to meet demanding requirements: CDF precision forgings range from 2 lbs. to 1,000 lbs., while PMP specializes in smaller forgings ranging from 1 lb. to 80lbs.
California Drop Forge
- Precision forgings range from 2lbs. to 1,000 lbs
- Forging parts and components can be produced up to 62” long by 33” wide and 12” thick, depending on material type and configuration
- Forging equipment includes steam hammers (2,500 to 35,000 ft-lb), hydraulic presses (2,000 tons), and mechanical presses (700 tons)
- Primary Metal Alloys Used: Carbon & Micro-Alloy Steels, Customer-Specified Alloys, Nickel-Based Alloys (Inconel, Has-X, etc.), Stainless Steel, Titanium, Other Exotic Alloys
Precision Metal Products
- Precision forgings range from 1lb. to 80 lbs with tolerance up to ±0.005 inches (plan area up to 250 sq. in)
- Forging equipment includes screw presses (200-7,000 tons), mechanical press (75-1,500 tons), hydraulic presses (300-1,000 tons), high velocity presses (125,000-30,000 ft lb) and upsetting presses (1.25” Max Billet Diameter)
- Primary Metal Alloys Used: Aluminum, Carbon & Micro-Alloy Steels, Cobalt – Chrome, Columbium, C 103 & Customer-Specified Alloys, Magnesium, Nickel- Based Alloys (Inconel, Has-X, etc.), Stainless Steel, Titanium, Other Exotic Alloys
We offer customers a complete in-house array of services, including product design, engineering, metallurgical assistance, quality/tolerance testing, product prototype development, tooling fabrication, heat treatment, milling, turning, fabrication and repair, metallurgical testing, hot caustic cleaning and various presses (screw, mechanical, hydraulic, high-velocity, and upsetting).
- Power Generation
- Transportation & Utilities